Tuesday, September 19, 2006

S for Superman

My student Francis was having spelling lessons and one day, he showed me a picture of a cartoon superhero in red cape and asked me for the name.

Francis: "Teacher Georgie what is the name of this man?"
Teacher Georgie: "Oh, that is SUPERMAN. You didn't know?"
Francis: "No, I didn't."
Teacher Georgie: (smiling) "But now you know. So, do you know the spelling?"
Francis: (thinking) "What is the spelling of his name?"
Teacher Georgie: (signing in finger-spelling) S-u-p-e-r-m-a-n."

Francis left as he practiced spelling the name...The next day he run excitedly upon seeing me and told me:

Francis: Teacher Georgieeee!!!! I already know the spelling!!!! Look!"
Teacher Georgie: "Really? Great! tell me!"
Francis: "S-U-P-E-R"

he paused for a while trying to recall what letter is next...

Teacher Georgie: "What's next?"
Francis: "Dont help me. I know, I know!"

I looked at Francis in amusement, he looked back at me and grinned.

Francis: S-U-P-E-R....L-I-N-E-S. There! I am right! see! I know because, I saw it yesterday on the way home."

I laughed so hard.

Teacher Georgie: "No, Francis that's the name of a bus!"

No comments: