Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Finals and Christmas Party


Today is the final exam of my students in CSB. Their exam is something easy as a pie since, there will be only 2 essays and three outlines to make. The kids were elated at the news and so off they went while I made arrangements. However, during exam suddenly the multi-media projector went "kaput" and I had to call the managing supervisor (ahem!). There was nobody else in the lab other than me and the supervisor. I guess I was the last one to give final exams. In the exam I used Andres picture as a model for the essay in making descriptive paragraph. It was very funny and yet I was crying inside 'cuz I realize posting his picture wasn't fun at all. My students were criticizing my boyfriend!!!
Although, a lot of them said he is good looking, friendly, well dressed, nice and the life of the party. It was close to what he really is in REAL LIFE. One "particular" student said he is handsome but the youngest girl in my class said, "No, he is not! he is ugly!"(waaa!). Some of the students made comments about Andres eye brow which is obviously an attraction because it's so thick. Others commented about his forehead and another asked me if her sentence is correct saying my Andres is a "bald" man. I almost got angry at this student and I just wanted to give her an "F". Ohh my! I felt like I was in torture chamber during the exam (LOL!).
Anyway, the exam ended and we all started preparing for the party. I was with three students and off we went to the mall looking for a particular bakeshop. I was short of cash 'cuz payday is not until the 22nd of the month so I had to use my credit card. But we didn't have luck in finding the bakeshop we are looking for. So one student decided to shoulder our share for the food and I will pay her on my payday. The party started at 7pm and I asked a colleague to help with the games. The students had so much fun with the games and we had a nice feast. It was funny too during exchange gift. All of them got everything they wanted and it was all a wonderful and expensive present except for me (bwuhuhuhu!). The shirt didn't fit me but actually it wasn't what I asked but there was a mix up with our names. A student and I have the same first given name so the one who got my name thought it was her classmate. Blame it on "Rocky" they said. Anyway, it was fun and being all together was what counts the most! I gave the small shirt to another student 'cuz it fits her well! We were the only class who had a Christmas party that night and I am sure my students will always remember this!

No comments: