Sunday, January 20, 2008

In My Life


Six years ago, I was living in another condo and sharing the rent with two other roommates. One is a colleague and another was a schoolmate in college. At that time, cellular phone was the craze of age! I was happy as usual until one night a mysterious text message was sent to me by someone I don’t even know, the message reads….


Sa buhay ko,
mayroon akong minahal.
may minamahal
at siguro,
may mas mamahalin pa.
Alam mo
kung saan ka doon?
Ikaw yung …
BUHAY KO!


Translation in English:

In my life,
I have loved.
I love someone.
And perhaps,
will love even more.
Do you know
where you stand?
YOU are …
MY LIFE!


I have no idea who sent it but the message hits me. I never though I’d touch anybody’s heart in such a way like that and it’s so heart crushing that I didn’t even know. Never had any idea that there was someone out there…. If in anyway, I had broken his heart I’m sincerely sorry. But my ignorance isn’t to blame. Maybe, whoever that person is, maybe he didn’t have the courage or didn’t wanted to be in the way of my happiness ‘cuz I was with someone else at that time…. Anyway, I kept that message until my fone broke and I had a new one. I couldn’t retrace the message after I changed fone. But my mind knew the lines by heart. I have no idea what to do with it back then and how I wish to give it to someone I meant it to.

In the year 2005, the time came and I finally found the person to whom I should tell this poem. I wanted that person to remember it by heart in the way I did as it had made an impact on me. Unfortunately, that person and I parted ways. Although, I was able to tell it to him through chat but I also wanted him to have it in REALITY. Sadly, I was never able to send it to him even after for several times we almost reconciled back. So, to this very day I still keep that small note where I scribbled those English translations of the original Tagalog text message. I can’t help not to cry when I saw it again because that person means so much to me! I’d like to send it on Valentine to let him know, how much he means to me… back then…. and even now…Yes, until NOW! But then…again…it won’t matter anymore…. IN MY LIFE!
:(

1 comment:

Skies said...

-if i have to live again...I will take back the time I was with YOU!