Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dieting!!!

D-I-E-T.
Dieting has never been in my vocabulary when I was in high school and college. I have a fast metabolism so I don’t get fat. Therefore, I had no trouble consuming so much food including junk foods and soft drinks. My classmates and friends would envy me during recess and when we go out to eat in McDonald’s and Jollibee. At that time these were the only popular hamburger fast food. I would eat cheeseburger and quarter pounder burgers with fries and milkshake to my hearts content. During weekends when my family would have dinner or lunch out, it is always me who they often consult as to which restaurant is the best place to dine in or what is new on the menu list of our favorite dining place (Dad’s, Saisaki and Cabalen) in SM Mega mall. And every time we eat, I eat a lot! Especially when we are in a buffet place where you can stuff your plate as much as you want. Yeah! No food sharing or leftover. Well, that’s no problem with me. No sweat!

I even remember one time there was a big event in college and I was part of that program wherein I was the security committee and usherette. The event was a whole day activities with lots of famous guest artists from our local celebrities and sports personalities. I didn’t have the time for breakfast (well, I really skip anyway!) and I thought I can have lunch later (for FREE!) but the event took so long and I could not leave my post during the entire show that lasted until 1:30pm. Because the crowd could not be controlled and the guest artists were having trouble going at the back stage and there was heavy traffic along Katipunan Avenue, I finally got out at 2:00pm and I met my friends. We drove to my closest friend’s house supposedly to eat in her place only to find out there was no maid to cook for us. Aw! We had to eat take-outs again at McDonald’s so, she took our order and I told her I’m starving to death. When the food came, they wondered to whom are the extra 2 burgers and apple pie. I was sitting on the floor eating a cheeseburger, medium coke and fries quietly while watching a movie. After I finished my first burger I asked if anyone wants the extra burger (grins!). Of course nobody would want to take an extra pounds so I shrugged and took it. I then later took my pie halfway through the movie. When the movie was running to an end I took the last burger and all of them looked at me. “Hahahaha! I can’t afford to see money and food go to waste!” Everyone watched me eat. I took my time; mind you I was also getting full. We had to get back to school at 3:30pm and resume our post. On the way, I was still eating and everyone were making quite a racket inside the car betting on whether I can finish my burger or not. Aileen made a bet I could the rest said no. I looked at my best friend as if to say “sh*t!” She laughed and made her bet higher then told me in sign language: I’m betting all their money you gotta finish that or we will be beggars for the rest of the week.” I signed back, “sh*t, I don’t have anymore money!” All the more she ranted laughing. Finally we got to school and my burger was only three more bites and it will be over. When I got inside the locker I took one last bite and nobody saw it. I discarded the wrapper and walked slowly to our lockers. All eyes looked at my hand and my face. I was still chewing the burger. Aileen shouted but the others didn’t believe. I prolly threw the burger because they knew I was full. I shrugged and all of them sprinted at the trashcan. Aileen was waving the wrapper; it was the only McDonald’s wrapper on it.

To this day, I still marvel at myself for doing that fit and I wonder how I did it. Imagine, 3 cheeseburgers, a medium coke, French fries and an apple pie! Nowadays, every time I eat I just feel like getting big. I can’t even bend down to pick a piece of crayon without hurting my tummy a bit. And sitting is worse! Gee, I can’t believe I got this fat in less than a week. I was so depressed last week! I truly need to diet and hell, take exercise!!! Something I don’t usually do. Now I realize how hard it is to diet and how painful to go hungry and you have to control yourself from eating or running to the nearest fast food or canteen in school. It used to be my philosophy: “Why the hell starve when you can afford to dine!” But now that philosophy has to change: Diet! Diet! Diet!”

One thing, I appreciate about myself in spite I’m getting fat is…. I’m HAPPY!
I am happy being me (bulges in my tummy included). Because I know I am healthy moreover, I’m still sexy and beautiful! Mwuahahahaha! (very vain). So, right now my diet consisst of veggies, fruits, juice or water plus of course, DAILY EXERCISES in the morning before work. SIGH! I’m getting my schedule fully loaded! ;oD Boy! I can only pray I won’t become like a bus otherwise, my bf might not love me anymore waaaa!
D-I-E-T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey :)
don't randomly jump into any diet, different bodies react differently.
Have someone qualified tell you what's good for you.

Cheers!