Sunday, November 20, 2005

CRAIG and VanillaSkies

We were on our American vacation that year. We went to a local grocery store to buy some necessary stuff before heading back to the hotel. Kickan, the kids aunt was with us in this trip and she sat Craig on the push cart and pulled the cart. Dad was still looking for a parking space so off we go. I looked at the list of what we needed and the little girl walking beside me keeps asking for the tissue aisle. She was telling me she needed to get a wet-ones facial tissue. I told her to wait for Daddy and that if she finds the aisle she can go and get some and to please take with her an extra 4 rolls of tissue in a pack. She smilled eager to do the little errand I tasked her. Within a few minutes we had almost filled our cart and I had to look for something from the list I think we passed on aisle 4 so I told them to wait while I go back.
When I came back, my hubby asked where is our daughter? I stared at him and we both looked at Kickan. And without a word started to look for her....
She walked around the grocery looking for the aisel where all kinds of toilet paper and tissue are stacked. She finally found it when she turned to her right at the end of a corner. Smiling she sat below the stack and took out a big bar of chocolate from her pocket and begun unwrapping it. A man with an old woman was standing with their cart near her. They were discussing something.... When she was done eating her mouth was full of chocolate smear, she needed a tissue badly but her hands was all greasy from the melted chocolate. She saw the man standing beside her reading a label from a product. She nudged his leg with her elbow and the man looked at her. She signed wiping her mouth and pointed at the wet-ones facial tissue. The man laughed and took the box, opened it and handed a piece to her. "Oh there you are young lady!" Another man approaching from behind them said. "Do you know that we've been looking for you? Now, what did your mother said about that chocolate?" The little girl just smiled and said, "Wait!" then she pointed to the stack of tissue with 4 rolls on it. Her father took the stack and told the man he will take the box of wet-ones facial tissue. "You have a lovely daughter and quite smart." The man said and introduced himself and shook hands with the little girl's father. "It's nice to meet you." "Sure, same here!" "Now, we better get goin' or her mother would be worried." The little girl's father bent over and took her in his arms. "Did you say thank you?" her father asked. The little girl grinned and shook her head before saying, "Thank you!" "Your welcome sweetie!" The man replied with a smile. "Okay, let's go!" her father said and they walked away from the man who watched them and saw the child's embroidered jacket. Her name was on it. He stared at it and the curly locks of the child. The child waved at him and he saw her face again.Then he remembered.... VanillaSkies.
It was a relief when my hubby found our little girl. "Where have you been young lady?" I asked my daughter. But my little girl just smiled and showed me the opened box of wet-ones facial tissue. I raised my eyebrows and I knew she ate her chocolate. I tickled my daughter and felt my son's hands tugging my blouse. I looked at my son Craig. "Mommy!" my little boy cried. "Yes honey?" My son made a gesture with his hand for a little while until finally he got the sign he wanted to tell me. "Mommy, I love you!" I smiled at my son, amused and signed the same and said," I love you too Craig my baby boy!"
He looked at them...remembering... VanillaSkies.
....hmm..tu tut! it's just all a dream, heh! I just made up that story. that's fictious! until next post! ;D

2 comments:

OptyMyst said...

:)

Skies said...

glad you find it funny too, twi!