Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tagged Again!

This is the second time I've been tagged by sngleguy and as usual this is over due. (LOL!)

Here are the following questions:
1) Is it polite to stare? (Who the heck comes up with these questions anyway?)
2) What are your 7 favorite songs? (Oh yeah, a very intriguing question for someone who cannot hear, LOL!).
Answers:
1. Depends. It's okay to stare as long you are not making the person uncomfortable. I stare at people when I'm dining out and that's very normal while you are waiting for your food, your bill or for the waiter to serve you. I also stare when I am sitting at the park. I stare at couples, family and kids. I stare at my young students when I'm angry or simply amused at their antics when they want to go out and they know perfectly well they cannot as it is time for class (evil grins!).
2. Since I am a deaf I had to categorize this last question which I also find intriguing, hahaha! I don't know if guy mean to ask OPM or the international songs so I had to make three categories as follows:
A. When I could still hear music and songs:
1. One Day in Your Life (Michael Jackson)- as a kid I was fascinated by his very high pitched voice and to think he is only a boy. I used to hear this song a lot over the radio and I like it very much!
2. Loving You (I don't know who sang this eh!)- "winter summer and spring time too...Loooving you... La la la.... " these were some of the lines in the song and its very beautiful 'cuz it doesn't matter what the weather maybe or whether seasons fades away the person will still be loving you... I later found out when I was already in college in 1995 that the singer was a woman who died of throat cancer---no wonder she have a very powerful voice eh!
3. Good Morning Yesterday (Paul Anka)- I love this song and again, I used to hear this over the radio being played by radio stations every morning until in the afternoon. It's very beautiful too and I remember when Tina Revilla sang this together with Eddie Mercado in a special t.v. show. I was simply awed that Tina can actualy sing so well. She actually sound like the back up singer in Paul Anka's album.
4. Put Your Head On My Shoulder (Leif Garret)- When I heard this song on television in channel 9 "Return Engagement" I quickly fell in love with it and what more Leif Garret was at that time the most sentational matinee idol in the US of A. So who won't fall for this?
5. I Write the Song (Barry Manilow)- This was very popular among teens. I used to sing this even long after I lost my hearing. I was in college and a member of the Liturgical choir. I was a staff member, sorta their secretary. Everytime I start belting this all of them would follow suit hence, we would all end up singing it together.
6. Just the Way You Are (Billy Joel)- I like this song because it's kinda sentimental like the song in #5.
7. If I Ever I See You Again (Heck, who sang this?)- I saw the video flick of this song and I find it touching yet funny cuz they added a twist of comedy over the sentimentality of the song. I remember watching and listening with my eldest brother and we both guffgawed when the guy was finally released from the rehab, it was his wife turn to go nuts!
B. Original PINOY Music
1. Ngayon at Kailanman (Basil Valdez)- this is already a classic song and it's very beautiful too. It's about love almost like the english version of Now and Forever but not really... xP
2. Bato sa Buhangin (Cinderella)- This was my very first favorite Pinoy song.
3. Hindi Ko Malimutan (BoyFriends)- Baduy but maganda!
4.Pumapatak Na Naman Ang Ulan/Batam Bata Ka Pa (APO Hiking Society)- I remember hearing the song "Pumapatak ang Ulan" and my grandmother was sitting beside me. She said, "A very timely song with moral lessons on what NOT to do during rainy days. " LOL!-she was referring to my brothers! "Batam Bata Ka Pa" on the other hand says a lot on how teenagers view the world.
5. Saringgola Ni Pepe (Celeste Legaspi) - I like this song, it is actaully a protest song against the Marcos dictatorship.
6. Kung Ako Iiwan Mo/Panakip Butas ( Hadji Alejandro)- I like this song during the time of Hadji Alejandro's singing career. I later heard him sing these in my godmother's wedding and I truly liked his voice and songs. Fits also for wedding, hehehe!
7. Memories/Miss Universe (Rico Jay Puno)- ekkkkk!!!! LOL! He was the hearthrob of the 70's I heard and saw him sang those song and boy, he was great!!!
C. In My Silent World:(Now that I can no longer hear my disability did not hamper my likeness on music. I still find a way to like and enjoy songs by reading the lyrics. So here are my favorites)
1. Thank You Love (Song from a movie of the same title)- It's beautiful and timely in my present lovelife (gik gik gik!).
2. Day by Day/ I Won't Last A Day Without You (Carpenters)- This has been my favorite song eversince in college. My roomie and I used to sing this during rainy days especially when there is a typhoon, we would sing this at the top of our lungs--- LOL!
3. Gone Too Soon (Michael Jackson)- My best friend, Aileen gave me a copy of this song during our emotional farewell after graduation in college. I like the lyrics very much!
4. Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion)- I discovered this lyrics during our program in school. It's beautiful and sentimental, from within the heart.
5. You Are My Song (Regine Velasquez)- i love it, i love it!!!
6. Forever and For Always (Shaina Twain)- Soooo beautiful!!!!! I saw Andres listening to this song and I clicked to see the lyrics. Ohh WOW! terrific!
7. Candles in the Wind/England Rose (Elton John) - sad but I like this one too!
There! Now I'm gonna tag at least 3 people: Jim Paredes (YESSSS!!!!!)
Maryet (again? yes, again!)
Enlighten

5 comments:

blair_w. said...

Hello VanillaSkies! I would love for you to add me in your links. Thanks for visiting my blogsite. Yours is wonderful too!

I used to be with H.I. students before (during my on-the-job-training), but i never learned the sign language though I really wanted to. Too bad!

Skies said...

:) thanks for dropping by irene. Sure I will add you and will read your blogs...maybe i should tag you as well, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I truly wish you could hear my voice when I speak to you. How I wish to see your facial expression when you hear birds sing, or when you hear your favourite song. Needless to say, this expression is priceless.

- A dear friend

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanilla Skies,
just want to share with you, the song tittled LOVING YOU was belong to Minnie Riperton and has been remaked by Shanice..

I agree with u, this song is absolutely nice..

Skies said...

Thank you for telling me the name of the singer...finally, after 10 years i found out who, hahaha!
Thanks again!